Eoin Ó Broin
Eoin Ó Broin grew up in Clondalkin and attended Scoil Chrónáin and Coláiste Chillian.
In his youth he was active in the St. Killians Unit Scouts and Round Towers GAA. He went to college first in IT Tallaght and then on to University of Limerick to complete his degree in Electronic Engineering. He was elected Student Union President for two years in a row at UL.
In 2005 he moved to Sweden and spent several years there working in research in sustainability and completed a PhD on energy efficiency in Buildings. In Sweden he set up the Gothenburg Irish Group and learned Swedish.
In 2014 he moved to Paris, France for a new research position and also learned the language there. In Paris he became chair of ‘An Gaeltacht Sur Seine’, the Irish language society of Paris, played football for Paris Gaels, and volunteered for a year on the presidential campaign of Jean Luc Mélenchon.
Since returning to Clondalkin he has got involved with or become a member of the committees of:
• Clondalkin Toastmasters
• Clondalkin Tidy Towns
• Gaeilgeóirí Chluain Dolcáin/ Aras Chrónáin
• Dolcáin’s Cellar Open-mic
• Friends of St Cuthberts Park
• Clondalkin Employment and Educational Services (CEEDS)
• Clondalkin Summer Festival Pop Up Playground
• Knockmitten Family Fun Day
• Clondalkin Parkrun
• Round Towers GAA4Da’s
• Submission on how Clonburris Development should be planned
• Clondalkin St Patricks Day Parade committee
• Submission on South Dublin County Council Climate Action Plan
• Four items shortlisted as part of 300K have your say initiative
Eoin is an official Barnardos ‘Friendly Giant’ and in his spare time plays music and sports. Eoin’s time living abroad has given him a good perspective on how a town should be planned and the transport and recreational services and facilities that should be there.
Give Eoin a vote and we’ll make Clondalkin an even better place to live!
Not registered to vote? It’s not too late! Closing date is Tuesday 7th May. Download the voter registration form here, get it stamped in your local Garda station, and post to South Dublin County Council, County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24, D24 YNN5.